Two electrocuted as puja pandal collapses
Kolkata: Two people were electrocuted when a puja pandal (marquee) collapsed following heavy rain in West Bengal`s Burdwan district, police said Sunday.
The incident occurred Sunday afternoon in Parsia, Asansol subdivision of the district.
"Following heavy rain and storm, a puja pandal caved in and two persons atop it were electrocuted," a police officer said.
Following heavy rains in the region, at least 10 people were injured when around 50 kutcha houses (mud house) collapsed in Kanksa, Burdwan district, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why