Two electrocuted as puja pandal collapses
Kolkata: Two people were electrocuted when a puja pandal (marquee) collapsed following heavy rain in West Bengal`s Burdwan district, police said Sunday.
The incident occurred Sunday afternoon in Parsia, Asansol subdivision of the district.
"Following heavy rain and storm, a puja pandal caved in and two persons atop it were electrocuted," a police officer said.
Following heavy rains in the region, at least 10 people were injured when around 50 kutcha houses (mud house) collapsed in Kanksa, Burdwan district, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'