Two girls gangraped near railway station in WB
Suri: Two teenage girls were allegedly raped today by three local youths at a bus stop near Rampurhat railway station in Birbhum district.
"The girls were raped early this morning at the busstop near the station when they were waiting to catch bus to reach their home at Jarmundi village in nearby Jharkhand," Superintendent of Police Rishikesh Meena said.
The girls reached Rampurhat station from Burdwan late last night, sources said.
"When they were looking for Dumka-bound bus which starts from the busstop near the station, three local youths forcibly took them at a deserted place and raped them," Meena said.
One person was arrested and the police have been looking for the two other youths, he said.
The girls have been sent to Rampurhat hospital for medical test, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren