Two girls gangraped near railway station in WB
Suri: Two teenage girls were allegedly raped today by three local youths at a bus stop near Rampurhat railway station in Birbhum district.
"The girls were raped early this morning at the busstop near the station when they were waiting to catch bus to reach their home at Jarmundi village in nearby Jharkhand," Superintendent of Police Rishikesh Meena said.
The girls reached Rampurhat station from Burdwan late last night, sources said.
"When they were looking for Dumka-bound bus which starts from the busstop near the station, three local youths forcibly took them at a deserted place and raped them," Meena said.
One person was arrested and the police have been looking for the two other youths, he said.
The girls have been sent to Rampurhat hospital for medical test, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference