Two girls jump to death from highrise in Kolkata
Kolkata: Two teenaged girls were found dead in the courtyard of an 18-storey apartment block in a posh housing complex in the southern fringe of the city Tuesday, police said.
Police suspected that Sabiba Chandana and Neha Panjari, both aged 15 and students of class IX of the same school, committed suicide by jumping from the roof of the building.
No suicide note, however, was found.
While Sabiba was a resident of the housing complex off E M Bypass under East Jadavpur police station, Neha had come to visit her, police said.
The incident occurred 11 days after a woman and her two daughters jumped to death from a 36-storey building in a suspected suicide pact.
According to police, they were suffering from depression after the recent death of the woman`s husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal