Two girls jump to death from highrise in Kolkata
Kolkata: Two teenaged girls were found dead in the courtyard of an 18-storey apartment block in a posh housing complex in the southern fringe of the city Tuesday, police said.
Police suspected that Sabiba Chandana and Neha Panjari, both aged 15 and students of class IX of the same school, committed suicide by jumping from the roof of the building.
No suicide note, however, was found.
While Sabiba was a resident of the housing complex off E M Bypass under East Jadavpur police station, Neha had come to visit her, police said.
The incident occurred 11 days after a woman and her two daughters jumped to death from a 36-storey building in a suspected suicide pact.
According to police, they were suffering from depression after the recent death of the woman`s husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video