Two held for putting up posters with Mamata`s cartoon
Barasat: Two persons were on Saturday arrested for allegedly putting up posters with caricatures of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Machlandapur in North 24 Parganas, police said.
Posters with cartoons of the Chief Minister were found in the area following which Trinamool Congress leader and Minister for Food & Supplies Jyotirpriya Mallick lodged a complaint with the Election Commission against unknown persons, they said.
Mallick alleged the two were SFI activists.
The duo surrendered at the Machlandapur Outpost, accepting that the poster campaign against Banerjee was their brainchild, police said.
"We have arrested them and are looking into the matter," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'