Two held for putting up posters with Mamata`s cartoon
Barasat: Two persons were on Saturday arrested for allegedly putting up posters with caricatures of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee at Machlandapur in North 24 Parganas, police said.
Posters with cartoons of the Chief Minister were found in the area following which Trinamool Congress leader and Minister for Food & Supplies Jyotirpriya Mallick lodged a complaint with the Election Commission against unknown persons, they said.
Mallick alleged the two were SFI activists.
The duo surrendered at the Machlandapur Outpost, accepting that the poster campaign against Banerjee was their brainchild, police said.
"We have arrested them and are looking into the matter," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown