Two ISI agents, linkmen arrested in Darjeeling hills
Darjeeling: Two agents and two other linkmen of Pakistani spy agency ISI were arrested at Kurseong in Darjeeling district.
"Two ISI agents identified as Maghan Bahadur Singh, a resident of Chotta Adalpur and Mesho Sauria, a resident of Panighatta Tea Estate were arrested on the charge of spying for ISI on Sunday afternoon," Superintendent of Police Kunal Agarwal told journalists at Kurseong police station.
Two other ISI linkmen Gopal Khati of Naxalbari and Dhan Bahadur Pradhan of Panighatta Bazar were also arrested, he said.
Agarwal said that 54-year-old Maghan Bahadur Singh was first arrested following the revelation of his name by one upper division clerk of Army in Jaipur who had been arrested on the charge of spying for ISI.
Maghan is an ex-Armyman and was dismissed from service following his jail for 58 days for killing a person and stealing his car, the police said.
Three others were arrested after Maghan told the police that they worked with him, the SP said.
"They used to pass information related to India`s security to the ISI agents in Kathmandu. They have been operating for the past three years," Agarwal said.
Several documents and mobile phones were seized from their possession, police said.
"Two local residents and one armyman have been detained for interrogation. The information has been sent to the police in Rajasthan and National Investigation Agency," Agarwal said.
The four arrested persons would be produced before the ACJM court in Kurseong tomorrow, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA