Two killed for witchcraft in WB
Malda: Two tribals were beaten and hacked to death by villagers for allegedly practising black magic at Palashbari village on the outskirts of Malda town, the police said Friday.
Brothers - Baishalu Pahari (35) and Sanu Pahari (32) - were killed last night by tribal villagers after they blamed the duo of practising black magic and spreading diseases, police said.
A total of 35 families of Paharia tribe live in the village, sources said.
The duo were small traders and relatively well-to-do in the village, the police said.
Three persons were detained in connection with the killing, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31