Two killed in CPI(M)-Congress clash in Bengal
Baharampore: Two persons were killed and as many injured in a poll related clash between workers of CPI(M) and Congress at Rejinagar in Murshidabad district, police said on Saturday.
The clash started after an altercation between the two groups late on Friday night, when the CPI(M) workers were returning after campaigning for panchayat poll.
Amar Ghosh and Debsharan Ghosh were killed and two others were injured in the clash and all the four were stated to be CPI(M) workers, the sources said.
One person, who broke his leg after a fall while fleeing, was arrested. The CPI(M) has called for a 12-hour Rejinagar bandh on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video