Two killed in CPI(M)-Congress clash in Bengal
Baharampore: Two persons were killed and as many injured in a poll related clash between workers of CPI(M) and Congress at Rejinagar in Murshidabad district, police said on Saturday.
The clash started after an altercation between the two groups late on Friday night, when the CPI(M) workers were returning after campaigning for panchayat poll.
Amar Ghosh and Debsharan Ghosh were killed and two others were injured in the clash and all the four were stated to be CPI(M) workers, the sources said.
One person, who broke his leg after a fall while fleeing, was arrested. The CPI(M) has called for a 12-hour Rejinagar bandh on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets