Two KLO militants arrested for north Bengal blast
Siliguri: Two suspected Kamtapur Liberation Organisation (KLO) militants were on Friday arrested in connection with the blast in northern West Bengal`s Jalpaiguri district where a bomb disposal squad member died while defusing the explosive device, police said.
A senior state police officer said the needle of suspicion for planting the bomb in the cycle pointed towards the KLO.
"We have already got some information. We are hoping to get more details," said the officer.
Two others were injured when the explosive device blew up at Chowpothi in Alipurduar sub-division early Thursday.
Inspector General of Police (North Bengal) Shashi Kant Pujari, Special Superintendent of Police (North), CID, Miraj Khalid, and other officers have visited the spot.
A departmental inquiry has been started to ascertain why the bomb defusers went about their job without putting on a life jacket, mask and helmet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok