Two local Cong leaders killed in West Bengal
Baharampore(WB): Two Congress leaders were on Tuesday killed when miscreants threw bombs at them in West Bengal`s Murshidabad district, police sources said.
Superintendent of Police Humayun Kabir said Rezaul Haque and Hannan Sheikh were killed by unidentified miscreants near Diha village, about 25 km from the district headquarters town of Baharampore.
Haque (50), the Congress leader of Nabagram panchayat samiti and Sheikh (40) the Congress leader of Shibpur gram were returning to Nabagram from Baharampore on a motorcycle, when unidentified miscreants threw bombs at them killing both of them at the spot at Diha village at around 3 pm, the sources said.
Police teams and reinforcements have been rushed to the area as there was tension in the area, the sources added.
The UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee represents Jangipur parliamentary seat in Murshidabad district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt