Two local Cong leaders killed in West Bengal
Baharampore(WB): Two Congress leaders were on Tuesday killed when miscreants threw bombs at them in West Bengal`s Murshidabad district, police sources said.
Superintendent of Police Humayun Kabir said Rezaul Haque and Hannan Sheikh were killed by unidentified miscreants near Diha village, about 25 km from the district headquarters town of Baharampore.
Haque (50), the Congress leader of Nabagram panchayat samiti and Sheikh (40) the Congress leader of Shibpur gram were returning to Nabagram from Baharampore on a motorcycle, when unidentified miscreants threw bombs at them killing both of them at the spot at Diha village at around 3 pm, the sources said.
Police teams and reinforcements have been rushed to the area as there was tension in the area, the sources added.
The UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee represents Jangipur parliamentary seat in Murshidabad district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda