Two local Cong leaders killed in West Bengal
Baharampore(WB): Two Congress leaders were on Tuesday killed when miscreants threw bombs at them in West Bengal`s Murshidabad district, police sources said.
Superintendent of Police Humayun Kabir said Rezaul Haque and Hannan Sheikh were killed by unidentified miscreants near Diha village, about 25 km from the district headquarters town of Baharampore.
Haque (50), the Congress leader of Nabagram panchayat samiti and Sheikh (40) the Congress leader of Shibpur gram were returning to Nabagram from Baharampore on a motorcycle, when unidentified miscreants threw bombs at them killing both of them at the spot at Diha village at around 3 pm, the sources said.
Police teams and reinforcements have been rushed to the area as there was tension in the area, the sources added.
The UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee represents Jangipur parliamentary seat in Murshidabad district.
- WATCH: Axar Patel performs Champion dance after dismissing Dwayne Bravo for 0
- Australian state Parliament evacuated over suspicious package
- Stop spending money on festivities; focus on education, healthcare: RSS to temples
- Sensex tanks over 200 points on rout in Japan; Nifty below 7,800-mark
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get higher pay scales than recommended earlier