Two more bodies found in Birbhum
Suri, WB: Two more bodies were found Friday taking the death toll in the clash between non-tribal stone crushers and tribals in Birbhum district to three, police said.
Some of the thatched houses of tribals set ablaze yesterday were still burning in the absence of fire-fighting facilities.
DIG (Burdwan Range) Saumitra Mohan, who along with senior officers and security forces had rushed to the area, said that tribals had expressed fears about their safety.
The tribals were assured of their safety, he added.
Yesterday, a mob had attacked Sagarbandhi and other villages after a stone crusher was killed on Monday night.
Bombs were hurled and over 100 tribal houses were looted and set ablaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS