Two new faces to join Mamata ministry on Thursday
Kolkata: Two new faces will join the Trinamool Congress ministry in West Bengal headed by Mamata Banerjee on Thursday.
"With an aim towards providing even better and speedy governance to the people of the state, the Trinamool Congress Government is going to induct two new ministers into the state cabinet on Thursday," the party said in its website tonight.
Sashi Panja, MLA from Shyampukur in Kolkata, and Binay Burman, MLA from Mathabhanga in Cooch Behar district in north Bengal would be inducted into the cabinet.
Panja would be inducted into the council of ministers as a minister with independent charge, the website said.
Forest Minister Hiten Burman "has tendered his resignation to the Chief Minister citing health issues and illness" and he would be replaced by Binay Burman.
Swapan Debnath, MLA from Burdwan district, the minister of state for cottage and small scale industry, would be elevated as a minister with independent charge, the website said.
Governor M K Narayanan would administer the oath of office and secrecy to the new ministers at Raj Bhavan tomorrow.
The chief minister had reviewed the performance of all departments and pulled up non-performing ministers and bureaucrats at a meeting here on December 20.
Banerjee last reshuffled the cabinet in November, 2012 with the inclusion of eight new ministers, including two who had then quit the Congress to join the TMC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad