Two persons shot dead in firing at disputed site in WB
Kolkata: Two persons were shot dead and another injured when unidentified assailant opened fire at a disputed property site in Short Street area of the city Monday.
Joint Commissioner of Police (crime) Pallab K Ghosh said at around 4.30 AM, 8-10 people came at a disputed property site and started firing in which two people died on the spot.
The injured was admitted to SSKM Hospital where his condition was stated to be "critical.
The disputed property is located at a short distance from the Police Commissioner`s residence at Loudon Street.
Four persons, including a woman, have been detained, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report