Two policemen injured in landmine blast
Kolkata: Two policemen were on Friday injured by
a land mine explosion triggered by suspected Maoists near
Pirakata in Lalgarh in West Midnapore district.
A senior police officer of West Midnapore district told
a news agency that the number of injured might increase.
"There were probably two explosions," he said.
The incident occurred when the security personnel, part of
joint forces, were walking from Pirakata police camp to a
jungle near Burisole for an operation. The injured, whose
identity was yet to be known, have been rushed to a hospital,
According to police sources, the Maoists opened fire at
the patrolling party just after the explosion, following which
the forces retaliated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown