Two siblings held with fake currency in WB
Malda: A man and a woman have been arrested here for allegedly possessing fake currency with face value of Rs 2 lakh, police said Thursday.
The two, who are siblings, were arrested from near Rabindra Bhavan and fake currency of denomination Rs 100, Rs 500 and Rs 1000 were seized from them last night, police said.
Malda district has become a hub for smuggling of fake Indian currency note (FICN) from neighbouring Bangladesh, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!