Two TMC workers killed, one injured as rival unions clash
Barasat: Two Trinamool Congress workers were killed and one injured when workers belonging to rival trade unions clashed in North 24 Parganas district today, police sources said.
Workers of two rival trade unions clashed at Meghna more in Jagaddal area in which bombs were hurled killing two TMC workers and injuring one worker, the sources said.
The injured worker who suffered bomb splinter injuries has been rushed to Naihati State General Hospital, the sources said.
When the police was rushing the injured worker and the bodies to the Naihati State General Hospital, a crowd attacked the policemen, they said.
Senior police officers have rushed to the spot as tension prevailed in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers