Two Trinamool workers held with arms in Bengal
Burdwan: Two Trinamool Congress supporters were arrested with arms and ammunition from Bolgona village near Burdwan early on Wednesday, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police raided the village and picked them up from their houses and recovered four revolvers, four cartridges and ten bombs from them.
Police faced stiff resistance from locals when they had gone to the village to arrest the duo who had allegedly beat up CPI(M) workers during nomination filing for panchayat polls, police said.
A policeman suffered minor injury.
After the arrest, CPI(M) supporters attacked the houses of several Trinamool workers in the village. The situation, however, was brought to control following police intervention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India