Two Trinamool workers held with arms in Bengal
Burdwan: Two Trinamool Congress supporters were arrested with arms and ammunition from Bolgona village near Burdwan early on Wednesday, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police raided the village and picked them up from their houses and recovered four revolvers, four cartridges and ten bombs from them.
Police faced stiff resistance from locals when they had gone to the village to arrest the duo who had allegedly beat up CPI(M) workers during nomination filing for panchayat polls, police said.
A policeman suffered minor injury.
After the arrest, CPI(M) supporters attacked the houses of several Trinamool workers in the village. The situation, however, was brought to control following police intervention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!