Two Trinamool workers held with arms in Bengal
Burdwan: Two Trinamool Congress supporters were arrested with arms and ammunition from Bolgona village near Burdwan early on Wednesday, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police raided the village and picked them up from their houses and recovered four revolvers, four cartridges and ten bombs from them.
Police faced stiff resistance from locals when they had gone to the village to arrest the duo who had allegedly beat up CPI(M) workers during nomination filing for panchayat polls, police said.
A policeman suffered minor injury.
After the arrest, CPI(M) supporters attacked the houses of several Trinamool workers in the village. The situation, however, was brought to control following police intervention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says