Two Trinamool workers held with arms in Bengal
Burdwan: Two Trinamool Congress supporters were arrested with arms and ammunition from Bolgona village near Burdwan early on Wednesday, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police raided the village and picked them up from their houses and recovered four revolvers, four cartridges and ten bombs from them.
Police faced stiff resistance from locals when they had gone to the village to arrest the duo who had allegedly beat up CPI(M) workers during nomination filing for panchayat polls, police said.
A policeman suffered minor injury.
After the arrest, CPI(M) supporters attacked the houses of several Trinamool workers in the village. The situation, however, was brought to control following police intervention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?