Two Trinamool workers held with arms in Bengal
Burdwan: Two Trinamool Congress supporters were arrested with arms and ammunition from Bolgona village near Burdwan early on Wednesday, police said.
Acting on a tip off, police raided the village and picked them up from their houses and recovered four revolvers, four cartridges and ten bombs from them.
Police faced stiff resistance from locals when they had gone to the village to arrest the duo who had allegedly beat up CPI(M) workers during nomination filing for panchayat polls, police said.
A policeman suffered minor injury.
After the arrest, CPI(M) supporters attacked the houses of several Trinamool workers in the village. The situation, however, was brought to control following police intervention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!