Two villagers killed in a clash with jawans
Purulia (WB): Two persons, injured in a clash between villagers and security forces deployed in the Maoist-hit Purulia district two days ago, died in the Sadar Hospital here early on Monday.
The two men were among the 15 villagers injured in the clash with a group of jawans drawn from the Nagaland Police at Begunkodar under Jhalda block on November 23, Superintendent of Police N S Kumar said.
Three other seriously injured persons were sent to Bokaro in Jharkhand for further treatment, while ten wounded villagers were discharged from the Purulia hospital.
A police camp has been set up in the village after the clash which broke out over alleged misbehavior of some jawans, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation