Two years on, Mamata `salutes` people for ousting Left
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday celebrated two years of her Trinamool Congress being voted to power with a Facebook message saluting the people who had ousted the Left Front government.
"Two years ago, on this day of 13th May, the huge mandate of the people of Bengal ousted the Left Front Government and ended their 34 years of misrule."
"We salute the people for their verdict and dedicate this day to the Maa, Maati, Manush of Bengal," Banerjee said on social networking site Facebook, extolling the mother, land and the people of the state.
The results of the West Bengal assembly elections were declared May 13, 2011. The Trinamool had won 184 of the total 294 seats, registering a landslide victory and paving the way for Banerjee to become the state`s first woman chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic