Two years on, Mamata `salutes` people for ousting Left
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday celebrated two years of her Trinamool Congress being voted to power with a Facebook message saluting the people who had ousted the Left Front government.
"Two years ago, on this day of 13th May, the huge mandate of the people of Bengal ousted the Left Front Government and ended their 34 years of misrule."
"We salute the people for their verdict and dedicate this day to the Maa, Maati, Manush of Bengal," Banerjee said on social networking site Facebook, extolling the mother, land and the people of the state.
The results of the West Bengal assembly elections were declared May 13, 2011. The Trinamool had won 184 of the total 294 seats, registering a landslide victory and paving the way for Banerjee to become the state`s first woman chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days