Two years on, Mamata `salutes` people for ousting Left
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday celebrated two years of her Trinamool Congress being voted to power with a Facebook message saluting the people who had ousted the Left Front government.
"Two years ago, on this day of 13th May, the huge mandate of the people of Bengal ousted the Left Front Government and ended their 34 years of misrule."
"We salute the people for their verdict and dedicate this day to the Maa, Maati, Manush of Bengal," Banerjee said on social networking site Facebook, extolling the mother, land and the people of the state.
The results of the West Bengal assembly elections were declared May 13, 2011. The Trinamool had won 184 of the total 294 seats, registering a landslide victory and paving the way for Banerjee to become the state`s first woman chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!