Union home secretary designate meets Mamata on border security issue
Kolkata: Union Home Secretary designate Anil Goswami on Friday met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee after reviewing border and coastal security with top BSF and state police officials here.
"No comment," Goswami told reporters after the 40-minute meeting declining to divulge if the discussions were on issues pertaining to availability of central forces for the state panchayat polls or on guarding of the border or coasts and internal security.
Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra, Home Secretary Basudev Banerjee and DGP Naparajit Mukherjee were present at Goswami`s meeting with the chief minister.
Earlier, Goswami held a two hour meeting with top BSF, Coast Guard and central intelligence agency officials at the BSF office here.
The chief secretary, home secretary and DGP also attended it. Goswami, the OSD under MHA, during an earlier visit on June 20 had met Governor MK Narayanan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read