Union home secretary designate meets Mamata on border security issue
Kolkata: Union Home Secretary designate Anil Goswami on Friday met West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee after reviewing border and coastal security with top BSF and state police officials here.
"No comment," Goswami told reporters after the 40-minute meeting declining to divulge if the discussions were on issues pertaining to availability of central forces for the state panchayat polls or on guarding of the border or coasts and internal security.
Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra, Home Secretary Basudev Banerjee and DGP Naparajit Mukherjee were present at Goswami`s meeting with the chief minister.
Earlier, Goswami held a two hour meeting with top BSF, Coast Guard and central intelligence agency officials at the BSF office here.
The chief secretary, home secretary and DGP also attended it. Goswami, the OSD under MHA, during an earlier visit on June 20 had met Governor MK Narayanan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried