Union minister heckled by party men
Canning: Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting C M Jatua was on Sunday heckled by a section of Trinamool Congress workers, who were irked after they were not invited for a party meeting in Gobindanagar, 20 km from here, police said.
Jatua`s car was stopped by about 200 partymen in the area and they asked him why they were not invited for the Jibantala block party meeting presided over by the minister.
As they raised slogans and pushed the minister`s car, police appeared and used canes to disperse them. Nine TC workers were injured in police lathi charge.
Later Jatua told reporters that he had no idea that the party men were not invited in the meeting. "I`ll see to it that such incident does not recur in future," he said.
The agitators alleged that the local TC leader Manik Paik was ignoring older Trinamool workers and hobnobbing with the CPI(M) cadres who had joined the party after the Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray