Union minister heckled by party men
Canning: Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting C M Jatua was on Sunday heckled by a section of Trinamool Congress workers, who were irked after they were not invited for a party meeting in Gobindanagar, 20 km from here, police said.
Jatua`s car was stopped by about 200 partymen in the area and they asked him why they were not invited for the Jibantala block party meeting presided over by the minister.
As they raised slogans and pushed the minister`s car, police appeared and used canes to disperse them. Nine TC workers were injured in police lathi charge.
Later Jatua told reporters that he had no idea that the party men were not invited in the meeting. "I`ll see to it that such incident does not recur in future," he said.
The agitators alleged that the local TC leader Manik Paik was ignoring older Trinamool workers and hobnobbing with the CPI(M) cadres who had joined the party after the Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda