Union minister heckled by party men
Canning: Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting C M Jatua was on Sunday heckled by a section of Trinamool Congress workers, who were irked after they were not invited for a party meeting in Gobindanagar, 20 km from here, police said.
Jatua`s car was stopped by about 200 partymen in the area and they asked him why they were not invited for the Jibantala block party meeting presided over by the minister.
As they raised slogans and pushed the minister`s car, police appeared and used canes to disperse them. Nine TC workers were injured in police lathi charge.
Later Jatua told reporters that he had no idea that the party men were not invited in the meeting. "I`ll see to it that such incident does not recur in future," he said.
The agitators alleged that the local TC leader Manik Paik was ignoring older Trinamool workers and hobnobbing with the CPI(M) cadres who had joined the party after the Assembly elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India