Union minister heckled by party men
Canning: Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting C M Jatua was on Sunday heckled by a section of Trinamool Congress workers, who were irked after they were not invited for a party meeting in Gobindanagar, 20 km from here, police said.
Jatua`s car was stopped by about 200 partymen in the area and they asked him why they were not invited for the Jibantala block party meeting presided over by the minister.
As they raised slogans and pushed the minister`s car, police appeared and used canes to disperse them. Nine TC workers were injured in police lathi charge.
Later Jatua told reporters that he had no idea that the party men were not invited in the meeting. "I`ll see to it that such incident does not recur in future," he said.
The agitators alleged that the local TC leader Manik Paik was ignoring older Trinamool workers and hobnobbing with the CPI(M) cadres who had joined the party after the Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death