Union Minister Jatua injured in road mishap
Diamond Harbour: Union Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting CM Jatua on Sunday escaped with minor injuries when the car in which he was travelling was hit from behind by another vehicle at Amtala near Kolkata, police said.
Mr. Jatua, 71, suffered injuries on his head, waist and leg after the other car rammed into his vehicle. He was given first aid and after which he travelled to airport in Kolkata to take a flight to Delhi, they said.
His driver and a personal security guard were also injured, police said.
“I am in pain. But I’ll have to attend Parliament tomorrow so I cannot stay back. I shall take medical help in Delhi,” Mr. Jatua said.
The incident occurred when Mr. Jatua was on his way from a Trinamool Congress rally in Kakdwip in South 24-Parganas district to the airport. The rally was addressed by party chief and Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed