University team heckled, vehicles damaged
Balurghat: A team of Gour Banga university was gheraoed, heckled and their vehicle damaged when it took action against some students of Dewan Abdul Goni college in South Dinajpur district, who were cheating during the BA Part I examination on Saturday, police sources said.
The Gour Banga university team led by Controller of Examination, Sanatan Das during a surprise raid found around 19 students cheating or using unfair means during the Philosophy Part I examination at Dewan Abdul Goni college at Harirampur in South Dinajpur district, the sources said.
The university team took action against the 19 students. After that some people allegedly owing allegiance to the Trinamool Congress Students wing entered the college and gheraoed the university team and the college principal and heckled them, sources said.
They also damaged the vehicles of the university team and locked them and the college principal in a room before they were rescued by the police.
On August 27, principal and staff members of Meghnad Saha College in neighbouring North Dinajpur district were attacked and the Principal and Teacher`s room was ransacked allegedly by Trinamool Youth Congress activists after Principal and some staff caught the wife of a Trinamool Congress leader copying during the BA Part 1 examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened