Unprecedented security at Writers` Buildings
Kolkata: Unprecedented security has been made at Writers` Buildings, the West Bengal state secretariat, where ministers will have to enter through a side gate and the media, save lensmen, barred during Monday`s visit by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
The FBI inspected the building for the third time in four days on Saturday together with Commissioner of Kolkata Police RK Pachnanda with special attention being paid to stairs and corridors through which the VVIP will pass for a meeting with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Only the chief minister and the chief secretary will use the central gate on Monday, while ministers will enter through a side gate.
A series of high-level meetings took place, while a wooden partition was erected before the Press Corner as also a metal detector, while a last minute paint job was underway in the building where employees will have to enter with special passes on Monday.
Strict instructions have been issued to ensure uninterrupted power at the state secretariat and the Fire Services Department asked to keep tenders ready.
American Center officials said that the US Secretary of State after arrival from Dhaka tomorrow was tentatively scheduled to attend a programme at the Indian Council for Cultural Relations on issues relating to women and later visit the Victoria Memorial.
On Monday morning , Clinton was likely to attend a programme with a cross-section of society, they said.
Clinton would leave for Delhi after meeting the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'