Unprecedented security at Writers` Buildings
Kolkata: Unprecedented security has been made at Writers` Buildings, the West Bengal state secretariat, where ministers will have to enter through a side gate and the media, save lensmen, barred during Monday`s visit by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
The FBI inspected the building for the third time in four days on Saturday together with Commissioner of Kolkata Police RK Pachnanda with special attention being paid to stairs and corridors through which the VVIP will pass for a meeting with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Only the chief minister and the chief secretary will use the central gate on Monday, while ministers will enter through a side gate.
A series of high-level meetings took place, while a wooden partition was erected before the Press Corner as also a metal detector, while a last minute paint job was underway in the building where employees will have to enter with special passes on Monday.
Strict instructions have been issued to ensure uninterrupted power at the state secretariat and the Fire Services Department asked to keep tenders ready.
American Center officials said that the US Secretary of State after arrival from Dhaka tomorrow was tentatively scheduled to attend a programme at the Indian Council for Cultural Relations on issues relating to women and later visit the Victoria Memorial.
On Monday morning , Clinton was likely to attend a programme with a cross-section of society, they said.
Clinton would leave for Delhi after meeting the chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam