Up line restored, confusion remains over casualty
Kolkata: The Up line at accident site of the
Guwahati-Bangalore Express was restored on Monday afternoon as
doubts remained over the exact number of deaths in the
"The Up line was restored at 4.50 pm on Monday and
train running started on the section. The restoration of the
Down line, which is heavily damaged, will take some time,"
Eastern Railway sources said here.
According to the sources, the body of a man was
recovered today from under the debris of the locomotive of the
While another man`s body was recovered from near the
accident site last night, it was doubtful whether he was a
victim of the mishap as the body was lying some distance from
the accident site and no railway ticket was found from his
Meanwhile, a special train left Malda at 3.25 pm
carrying passengers of the Guwahati-Bangalore Express to
Bangalore on a diverted route.
A special train consisting of AC 3-tier coaches left
Kolkata station at 3.30 pm today for Guwahati carrying North
The 13149 Up Sealdah-New Jalpaiguri Kanchan Kanya
Express, the 13163 Up Sealdah?Saharsa Hatey Bazare Express and
the 53003 Up Howrah?Malda Town Passenger were cancelled.
The 13011 Up Howrah?Malda Town Intercity Express will
short-terminate at Rampurhat station and return from there as
13012 Dn tomorrow, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred