UPA government has become anti-people: Trinamool
Kolkata: Launching a scathing attack on the Congress-led UPA regime, the Trinamool Congress Tuesday said nationwide protests against the central government are imminent as it is pursuing anti-people policies.
"There will be nationwide protests against the centre. Common man will come down to the streets to protest against the centre because common people have no option other than protesting and opposing its anti-people policies," said party MP and former union minister Sougata Roy.
"The government has become anti-people...they are no longer bothered about common man," said Roy.
Miffed over twin decisions of diesel price hike and FDI in retail, Trinamool Congress supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee withdrew her party`s support to the United Progressive Alliance government.
The party`s six union ministers resigned Friday and gave a letter withdrawing the party`s support to the UPA to President Pranab Mukherjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter