UPA government has become anti-people: Trinamool
Kolkata: Launching a scathing attack on the Congress-led UPA regime, the Trinamool Congress Tuesday said nationwide protests against the central government are imminent as it is pursuing anti-people policies.
"There will be nationwide protests against the centre. Common man will come down to the streets to protest against the centre because common people have no option other than protesting and opposing its anti-people policies," said party MP and former union minister Sougata Roy.
"The government has become anti-people...they are no longer bothered about common man," said Roy.
Miffed over twin decisions of diesel price hike and FDI in retail, Trinamool Congress supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee withdrew her party`s support to the United Progressive Alliance government.
The party`s six union ministers resigned Friday and gave a letter withdrawing the party`s support to the UPA to President Pranab Mukherjee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says