UPA safeguarding interests of foreign capital, corporates: Karat
Kolkata: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Saturday alleged that the UPA government was seeking to safeguard interests of foreign capital and Indian corporate entities.
"This government is desperately trying to safeguard interests of foreign capital and Indian corporates instead of taking care of the problems of common man who have been heavily burdened with price rise," Karat said at the two-day extended meeting of the CPI(M) state committee which began here.
"National treasure and natural resources are being handed out to private players at cheap rates," he alleged.
Karat said that entry of the FDI in multi-brand retail trade would endanger livelihood of millions of small traders in the country.
Slamming the diesel price hike, he said that the farming community would be hard hit due to rise in fertiliser price.
Karat called for stepping up movement against the UPA government and for isolating communal forces "who are again activating themselves."
On the Assam violence, Karat said a sinister move was being made to drive a wedge between ethnic groups and communities.
The CPI(M) general secretary stressed on the need for strengthening Left unity on the basis of the decisions taken at the last party congress.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know