UPA safeguarding interests of foreign capital, corporates: Karat
Kolkata: CPI(M) general secretary Prakash Karat on Saturday alleged that the UPA government was seeking to safeguard interests of foreign capital and Indian corporate entities.
"This government is desperately trying to safeguard interests of foreign capital and Indian corporates instead of taking care of the problems of common man who have been heavily burdened with price rise," Karat said at the two-day extended meeting of the CPI(M) state committee which began here.
"National treasure and natural resources are being handed out to private players at cheap rates," he alleged.
Karat said that entry of the FDI in multi-brand retail trade would endanger livelihood of millions of small traders in the country.
Slamming the diesel price hike, he said that the farming community would be hard hit due to rise in fertiliser price.
Karat called for stepping up movement against the UPA government and for isolating communal forces "who are again activating themselves."
On the Assam violence, Karat said a sinister move was being made to drive a wedge between ethnic groups and communities.
The CPI(M) general secretary stressed on the need for strengthening Left unity on the basis of the decisions taken at the last party congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read