Urban Development secy reviews tramways service in Kolkata
Kolkata: A hands-on review of the tramways service`s functioning in the metropolis was today carried out by Union Urban Development Secretary Sudhir Krishna.
Krishna along with Transport Secretary Alapan Bandopadhyay, took a ride on a tram car both in the north and south in the city.
Later, Krishna told reporters that the Centre has been suggesting that all major cities should introduce light train transit system (LRTS) like the tramways for mass transport.
He said not only the tramways, the cities could also opt for other LRTS modes like monorail and non-motorised mass transport system in an integrated manner.
Krishna also held a meeting with Transport minister Madan Mitra and Urban Development Secretary Debasish Sen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok