Urban Development secy reviews tramways service in Kolkata
Kolkata: A hands-on review of the tramways service`s functioning in the metropolis was today carried out by Union Urban Development Secretary Sudhir Krishna.
Krishna along with Transport Secretary Alapan Bandopadhyay, took a ride on a tram car both in the north and south in the city.
Later, Krishna told reporters that the Centre has been suggesting that all major cities should introduce light train transit system (LRTS) like the tramways for mass transport.
He said not only the tramways, the cities could also opt for other LRTS modes like monorail and non-motorised mass transport system in an integrated manner.
Krishna also held a meeting with Transport minister Madan Mitra and Urban Development Secretary Debasish Sen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!