Urban Development secy reviews tramways service in Kolkata
Kolkata: A hands-on review of the tramways service`s functioning in the metropolis was today carried out by Union Urban Development Secretary Sudhir Krishna.
Krishna along with Transport Secretary Alapan Bandopadhyay, took a ride on a tram car both in the north and south in the city.
Later, Krishna told reporters that the Centre has been suggesting that all major cities should introduce light train transit system (LRTS) like the tramways for mass transport.
He said not only the tramways, the cities could also opt for other LRTS modes like monorail and non-motorised mass transport system in an integrated manner.
Krishna also held a meeting with Transport minister Madan Mitra and Urban Development Secretary Debasish Sen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'