Van collides with train, three killed and two injured
Purulia: Three persons were killed and two seriously injured when a matador van collided with a train at an unmanned level crossing in Purulia district West Bengal on Monday, police said.
Superintendent of Police C Sudhakar told PTI that three persons - Radhashyam Kuri (22), Somen Kuri (18) and Purpura Mahato (17) were killed on the spot when their vehicle collided with the Dhanbad-Muri passenger train at an unmanned level crossing between Kotshila and Jhalda, about 50 km from the district headquarters town.
The two seriously injured have been referred to a hospital in Ranchi, the sources said.
The railway has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH