Van collides with train, three killed and two injured
Purulia: Three persons were killed and two seriously injured when a matador van collided with a train at an unmanned level crossing in Purulia district West Bengal on Monday, police said.
Superintendent of Police C Sudhakar told PTI that three persons - Radhashyam Kuri (22), Somen Kuri (18) and Purpura Mahato (17) were killed on the spot when their vehicle collided with the Dhanbad-Muri passenger train at an unmanned level crossing between Kotshila and Jhalda, about 50 km from the district headquarters town.
The two seriously injured have been referred to a hospital in Ranchi, the sources said.
The railway has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane