Vested interests behind malicious campaign: Mamata
Kolkata: Lashing out at her detractors, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has alleged that her government has been subjected to "relentless and baseless malice" and maligning from vested interests and "influential media".
"The new-born government has been subjected to relentless and baseless malice and planned maligning from vested interests and influential media. A culture of making mountains out of molehills is holding sway and a chorus of negativity rents the air at every drop of a hat," wrote Banerjee in the prologue of "Hope to Reality" - a 182-page book launched to commemorate her government`s first year in office.
In the four-page preface, Banerjee has accused her critics of undermining the government`s achievements. "Our detractors seem to entirely ignore the facts and reality - how precarious the situation is and how we are making impossible things happen through sheer determination and hard work."
"The only thing that rules their judgment is their petty, vested interests. If we do not subscribe to those, which, in most cases, are anti-people,they turn the air blue with insinuations and declamatory aggression," she said.
Reiterating that her government will not indulge in anything which is anti-people, Banerjee said her government was constantly pressurised to change their stand on many things.
"We are threatened to do so from many quarters. A sustained and concerted campaign of lies and half-truths to malign us is the name of the game now," she wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!