Vested interests behind malicious campaign: Mamata
Kolkata: Lashing out at her detractors, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has alleged that her government has been subjected to "relentless and baseless malice" and maligning from vested interests and "influential media".
"The new-born government has been subjected to relentless and baseless malice and planned maligning from vested interests and influential media. A culture of making mountains out of molehills is holding sway and a chorus of negativity rents the air at every drop of a hat," wrote Banerjee in the prologue of "Hope to Reality" - a 182-page book launched to commemorate her government`s first year in office.
In the four-page preface, Banerjee has accused her critics of undermining the government`s achievements. "Our detractors seem to entirely ignore the facts and reality - how precarious the situation is and how we are making impossible things happen through sheer determination and hard work."
"The only thing that rules their judgment is their petty, vested interests. If we do not subscribe to those, which, in most cases, are anti-people,they turn the air blue with insinuations and declamatory aggression," she said.
Reiterating that her government will not indulge in anything which is anti-people, Banerjee said her government was constantly pressurised to change their stand on many things.
"We are threatened to do so from many quarters. A sustained and concerted campaign of lies and half-truths to malign us is the name of the game now," she wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail