Vice-Principal beats students on Teachers Day
Bandel (WB): The Vice-Principal of a reputed missionary school here in Hooghly district was on Wednesday arrested for caning seven students of the school, police sources said.
The students of class IV of Don Bosco school were decorating their class room for the Teachers Day celebration and were playing with foam spray when vice-principal Subir Mondal entered the classroom, the sources said.
Mondal immediately snatched the foam spray from the students and started beating the students with a cane. Seven students were injured in the caning, they said.
The parents of the students lodged a complaint with the Chuchura police station against vice-principal Subir Mondal.
On the basis of the parent`s complaint the vice-principal Subir Mondal has been arrested, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Tathagata Basu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination