Vice-Principal beats students on Teachers Day
Bandel (WB): The Vice-Principal of a reputed missionary school here in Hooghly district was on Wednesday arrested for caning seven students of the school, police sources said.
The students of class IV of Don Bosco school were decorating their class room for the Teachers Day celebration and were playing with foam spray when vice-principal Subir Mondal entered the classroom, the sources said.
Mondal immediately snatched the foam spray from the students and started beating the students with a cane. Seven students were injured in the caning, they said.
The parents of the students lodged a complaint with the Chuchura police station against vice-principal Subir Mondal.
On the basis of the parent`s complaint the vice-principal Subir Mondal has been arrested, Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Tathagata Basu said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security