Vice-Principal remanded to seven days` custody
Hooghly (WB): The vice-principal of a reputed Missionary school in Hooghly district, who was arrested on Wednesday on the charge of caning seven students, was remanded to seven days jail custody on Thursday.
Subir Mondal, vice-principal of Don Bosco school at Bandel, was produced before the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, Chuchura, Manjushree Mondal who remanded him to seven days jail custody.
The students of class IV were decorating their class room for the Teachers Day celebration and were playing with foam spray when Mondal entered the classroom, the police said.
Mondal snatched the foam spray from the students and started beating the students with a cane injuring seven of them. He was arrested after parents of the students lodged a complaint with the Chuchura police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'