Vice-Principal remanded to seven days` custody
Hooghly (WB): The vice-principal of a reputed Missionary school in Hooghly district, who was arrested on Wednesday on the charge of caning seven students, was remanded to seven days jail custody on Thursday.
Subir Mondal, vice-principal of Don Bosco school at Bandel, was produced before the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, Chuchura, Manjushree Mondal who remanded him to seven days jail custody.
The students of class IV were decorating their class room for the Teachers Day celebration and were playing with foam spray when Mondal entered the classroom, the police said.
Mondal snatched the foam spray from the students and started beating the students with a cane injuring seven of them. He was arrested after parents of the students lodged a complaint with the Chuchura police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam