Vice-Principal remanded to seven days` custody
Hooghly (WB): The vice-principal of a reputed Missionary school in Hooghly district, who was arrested on Wednesday on the charge of caning seven students, was remanded to seven days jail custody on Thursday.
Subir Mondal, vice-principal of Don Bosco school at Bandel, was produced before the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, Chuchura, Manjushree Mondal who remanded him to seven days jail custody.
The students of class IV were decorating their class room for the Teachers Day celebration and were playing with foam spray when Mondal entered the classroom, the police said.
Mondal snatched the foam spray from the students and started beating the students with a cane injuring seven of them. He was arrested after parents of the students lodged a complaint with the Chuchura police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?