Vice-Principal remanded to seven days` custody
Hooghly (WB): The vice-principal of a reputed Missionary school in Hooghly district, who was arrested on Wednesday on the charge of caning seven students, was remanded to seven days jail custody on Thursday.
Subir Mondal, vice-principal of Don Bosco school at Bandel, was produced before the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate, Chuchura, Manjushree Mondal who remanded him to seven days jail custody.
The students of class IV were decorating their class room for the Teachers Day celebration and were playing with foam spray when Mondal entered the classroom, the police said.
Mondal snatched the foam spray from the students and started beating the students with a cane injuring seven of them. He was arrested after parents of the students lodged a complaint with the Chuchura police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city