Villagers lynch duo in Bengal
Kolkata: Two persons were lynched while another was severely beaten up by villagers in South 24 Parganas district on Sunday, police said.
The villagers caught hold of the three persons today suspecting them to be murderers and started beating them, they said.
A resident of Uttar Kusum village in the district was murdered yesterday.
While two persons died of the beating, the third was severely injured, they said. The injured has been admitted to a hospital.
Police reinforcements have been rushed to the village to maintain law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi
- Left, Congress threaten to skip Mamata's swearing-in, BJP to observe black day
- FSSAI to remove potassium bromate from food additives list