Visva Bharati professor accused of molestation
Kolkata: A PhD student at the famous Vishva Bharati University has levelled molestation charges against a professor.
The professor – the Dean of students’ welfare – has been removed from the post temporarily pending an investigation into the allegations by the university’s standing committee on sexual offences, CNN-IBN reported.
According to the news channel, the incident occurred on October 4 and a complaint was lodged with Vice Chancellor on October 5.
The student, who hails from Manipur, has returned to her state following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!