Visva-Bharati requests traumatised girl to return
Shantiniketan: The Visva-Bharati university on Monday again requested the father of the traumatised student of Patha Bhavan school, who was made to drink her own urine, to allow her to resume attending classes.
The university authorities sent a letter to the girl`s father, Manoj Mistry, with the request to send her back to school "as early as possible."
However, Mistry told a news agency that he had not decided anything yet.
Last Saturday, the university authorities had sent a fresh report to the office of the Union HRD Ministry in which, according to sources, they informed the PMO of the steps taken by them to provide mental support to the victim`s family and bring back the girl to school.
Late last week, the authorities had apologised to the class V student`s parents for the incident and had allowed the girl to attend school as a day-boarder, though the parents had told them that they were still not decided.
Uma Poddar, the superintendent of Karabi hostel, who had forced the girl to drink her own urine as a punishment for bed-wetting, was arrested and later suspended by the varsity.
Visva-Bharati Registrar Manimukut Mitra had on July 12 said in a press release that the authorities had decided to overhaul the entire warden-matron system prevailing in its school hostels befitting the stature of a central university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan