Visva Bharati suspends three students accused of alleged sexual harassment
Shantiniketan: The prestigious Visva Bharati University has suspended three students for their alleged involvement in the sexual harassment of a girl student, as per news reports on Saturday.
The University also lodged a police complaint against four persons, including three Kala Bhavan students, in connection with the incident.
Police has initiated probe into the incident after the complaint was lodged by the University.
“A complaint has been lodged against the three students. Investigations are underway,” said SP Yadav, SDPO.
Complaint lodged against 3 students, investigation is underway: SP Yadav (SDPO) on Vishwa Bharti alleged sexual harrasment case
— ANI (@ANI_news) August 30, 2014
The shocking incident came to light when a Sikkimese student studying in the university submitted a complaint against the three students of her department and accused them of sexually harassing her.
The second-year student alleged that she was stripped and her pictures were clicked by them on their mobile phones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'