Visva Bharati suspends three students accused of alleged sexual harassment
Shantiniketan: The prestigious Visva Bharati University has suspended three students for their alleged involvement in the sexual harassment of a girl student, as per news reports on Saturday.
The University also lodged a police complaint against four persons, including three Kala Bhavan students, in connection with the incident.
Police has initiated probe into the incident after the complaint was lodged by the University.
“A complaint has been lodged against the three students. Investigations are underway,” said SP Yadav, SDPO.
Complaint lodged against 3 students, investigation is underway: SP Yadav (SDPO) on Vishwa Bharti alleged sexual harrasment case
— ANI (@ANI_news) August 30, 2014
The shocking incident came to light when a Sikkimese student studying in the university submitted a complaint against the three students of her department and accused them of sexually harassing her.
The second-year student alleged that she was stripped and her pictures were clicked by them on their mobile phones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!