Visva Bharati University to reopen Saturday
Santiniketan: Visva Bharati University
which was closed since Sunday last following a strike called
by a group of students protesting against fee hike would
reopen tomorrow varsity sources said today.
In a marathon eight-hour-long meeting presided over by
vice-chancellor Rajat Kanto Roy and attended by
representatives of the students, teachers and employees union
it was decided that the finance committee of the varsity would
discuss demands of the students in detail in the next meeting.
"Normal woks will be restored in all departments from
Saturday. The students will get an interim concession of Rs
1000 irrespective of the departments. Moreover, the students
can pay the fees by instalments. The financially backward
students will be exempted from paying increased fees,"
Registrar of the university Manimukut Mitra said.
On Saturday last, the students had gheraoed the Vice
chancellor and other officials for around 14 hours. Later
police rescued them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price