Visva Bharati University to reopen Saturday
Santiniketan: Visva Bharati University
which was closed since Sunday last following a strike called
by a group of students protesting against fee hike would
reopen tomorrow varsity sources said today.
In a marathon eight-hour-long meeting presided over by
vice-chancellor Rajat Kanto Roy and attended by
representatives of the students, teachers and employees union
it was decided that the finance committee of the varsity would
discuss demands of the students in detail in the next meeting.
"Normal woks will be restored in all departments from
Saturday. The students will get an interim concession of Rs
1000 irrespective of the departments. Moreover, the students
can pay the fees by instalments. The financially backward
students will be exempted from paying increased fees,"
Registrar of the university Manimukut Mitra said.
On Saturday last, the students had gheraoed the Vice
chancellor and other officials for around 14 hours. Later
police rescued them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation