`Vote for Mamata Banerjee, burn houses of independent candidates`
Bolpur: A district president of the Trinamool Congress on Wednesday courted controversy again by inciting partymen to "attack" independent candidates in the ongoing panchayat elections who had posed threat to the party`s official nominees and even to "hurl bomb on policemen".
"Vote for Mamata Banerjee, don`t vote for anyone else and if any independent candidate threatens you, uproot his house, invade his house. Don`t give vote to those independents," said Anubrata Mondal, TMC Birbhum district president, at an election campaign meeting in Kasba village in Bolpur sub-division.
"If the administration supports those independents, hurl bombs on the police of that administration… I`m telling (you)," Mondal said when State Agriculture Minister Malay Ghatak and Fisheries Minister Chandranath Sinha were present on the dais.
Mondal on July 11 had dubbed Congress as a "party of beggars".
A month earlier, he had instructed party workers to prevent CPI(M), Congress and others from filing nominations for the rural polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him