`Vote for Mamata Banerjee, burn houses of independent candidates`
Bolpur: A district president of the Trinamool Congress on Wednesday courted controversy again by inciting partymen to "attack" independent candidates in the ongoing panchayat elections who had posed threat to the party`s official nominees and even to "hurl bomb on policemen".
"Vote for Mamata Banerjee, don`t vote for anyone else and if any independent candidate threatens you, uproot his house, invade his house. Don`t give vote to those independents," said Anubrata Mondal, TMC Birbhum district president, at an election campaign meeting in Kasba village in Bolpur sub-division.
"If the administration supports those independents, hurl bombs on the police of that administration… I`m telling (you)," Mondal said when State Agriculture Minister Malay Ghatak and Fisheries Minister Chandranath Sinha were present on the dais.
Mondal on July 11 had dubbed Congress as a "party of beggars".
A month earlier, he had instructed party workers to prevent CPI(M), Congress and others from filing nominations for the rural polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family