`Vote for Mamata Banerjee, burn houses of independent candidates`
Bolpur: A district president of the Trinamool Congress on Wednesday courted controversy again by inciting partymen to "attack" independent candidates in the ongoing panchayat elections who had posed threat to the party`s official nominees and even to "hurl bomb on policemen".
"Vote for Mamata Banerjee, don`t vote for anyone else and if any independent candidate threatens you, uproot his house, invade his house. Don`t give vote to those independents," said Anubrata Mondal, TMC Birbhum district president, at an election campaign meeting in Kasba village in Bolpur sub-division.
"If the administration supports those independents, hurl bombs on the police of that administration… I`m telling (you)," Mondal said when State Agriculture Minister Malay Ghatak and Fisheries Minister Chandranath Sinha were present on the dais.
Mondal on July 11 had dubbed Congress as a "party of beggars".
A month earlier, he had instructed party workers to prevent CPI(M), Congress and others from filing nominations for the rural polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29