`Vote for Mamata Banerjee, burn houses of independent candidates`
Bolpur: A district president of the Trinamool Congress on Wednesday courted controversy again by inciting partymen to "attack" independent candidates in the ongoing panchayat elections who had posed threat to the party`s official nominees and even to "hurl bomb on policemen".
"Vote for Mamata Banerjee, don`t vote for anyone else and if any independent candidate threatens you, uproot his house, invade his house. Don`t give vote to those independents," said Anubrata Mondal, TMC Birbhum district president, at an election campaign meeting in Kasba village in Bolpur sub-division.
"If the administration supports those independents, hurl bombs on the police of that administration… I`m telling (you)," Mondal said when State Agriculture Minister Malay Ghatak and Fisheries Minister Chandranath Sinha were present on the dais.
Mondal on July 11 had dubbed Congress as a "party of beggars".
A month earlier, he had instructed party workers to prevent CPI(M), Congress and others from filing nominations for the rural polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000