Voter Assistance Booth at all polling stations to help voters
Burdwan: Voter Assistance Booths to help voters on polling day would be set up by the administration at all polling booths in West Bengal`s Burdwan district.
The booths to be manned by female employees would also issue voter slips which would bear the photograph of voters, Burdwan District Magistrate and District Election Officer Saumitra Mohan told a news agency.
This will spare voters from going to such booths set up by political parties to check their names on the voters list and be issued voter slips, he said.
All polling stations in the district would have drinking water, sunshades, first aid box, separate toilets for male and female voters, sitting arrangement for voters particularly senior citizens and physically challenged voters, Mohan said.
Information, education and communication campaign would be launched for increasing voter awareness and participation, he said.
All officials at all the levels have been directed to visit vulnerable pockets to interact with the vulnerable voters and communities to help make them aware of their rights and duties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker