W Midnapore: Fire in emergency ward of SSKM
Midnapore/Kolkata: A fire broke out in a
five-storeyed private nursing home leading to the evacuation
of all 80 patients admitted there in West Midnapore district
today, fire brigade and police sources said.
The fire broke out in the basement of the building with
the authorities alerting the fire brigade which evacuated the
80 patients, including four heart patients in the ICU, the
The condition of one of the heart patients deteriorated
while being rescued, they said.
The fire which was caused by a short circuit was
extinguished after three hours by four fire engines, the
The nursing home authorities said that the patients were
being admitted to other medical facilities.
A fire also broke out in the emergency ward of the
state-run SSKM hospital in Kolkata, but was controlled within
30 minutes, fire brigade sources said.
The patients were evacuated by fire fighters.
Three fire tenders put out the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred