W Midnapore: Fire in emergency ward of SSKM
Midnapore/Kolkata: A fire broke out in a
five-storeyed private nursing home leading to the evacuation
of all 80 patients admitted there in West Midnapore district
today, fire brigade and police sources said.
The fire broke out in the basement of the building with
the authorities alerting the fire brigade which evacuated the
80 patients, including four heart patients in the ICU, the
The condition of one of the heart patients deteriorated
while being rescued, they said.
The fire which was caused by a short circuit was
extinguished after three hours by four fire engines, the
The nursing home authorities said that the patients were
being admitted to other medical facilities.
A fire also broke out in the emergency ward of the
state-run SSKM hospital in Kolkata, but was controlled within
30 minutes, fire brigade sources said.
The patients were evacuated by fire fighters.
Three fire tenders put out the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends