W Midnapore: Fire in emergency ward of SSKM
Midnapore/Kolkata: A fire broke out in a
five-storeyed private nursing home leading to the evacuation
of all 80 patients admitted there in West Midnapore district
today, fire brigade and police sources said.
The fire broke out in the basement of the building with
the authorities alerting the fire brigade which evacuated the
80 patients, including four heart patients in the ICU, the
The condition of one of the heart patients deteriorated
while being rescued, they said.
The fire which was caused by a short circuit was
extinguished after three hours by four fire engines, the
The nursing home authorities said that the patients were
being admitted to other medical facilities.
A fire also broke out in the emergency ward of the
state-run SSKM hospital in Kolkata, but was controlled within
30 minutes, fire brigade sources said.
The patients were evacuated by fire fighters.
Three fire tenders put out the fire.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Centre, CBSE propose NEET schedule; exam may be conducted in two phases
- North Korea's mid-range missile launch appears to have failed
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi may be summoned for questioning
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants face gigantic task of taming Suresh Raina's rampaging Gujarat Lions
- Thailand faces longest heatwave in 65 years