Want to make Nandigram another Haldia: Buddhadeb
Khejuri (WB): West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Saturday said that he wanted to make
Nandigram as developed as Haldia and accused the Trinamool
Congress of fomenting trouble there.
"We want to make Nandigram another Haldia. Haldia is a
booming town now. It will continue to flourish. Thousands of
people are working there. We have created Haldia. But
Trinamool Congress has unleashed false propaganda and created
trouble even after the announcement that we will not acquire
land in Nandigram," he told an election meeting here, a short
distance away from Nandigram.
Bhattacharjee said, "I had categorically stated that we
will not acquire land in Nandigram. But they (TC) did not stop
fomenting trouble there and dug up roads."
He reiterated that to provide employment, industries have
to be set up in the state.
On Trinamool`s victory in panchayat elections in East
Midnapore, he said, "They have captured panchayats in
Nandigram, but their performance is the worst. No work is
being done and funds are siphoned off. This cannot go on."
He said that the Left Front flourished because it worked
for the people.
Bhattacharjee also ridiculed TC`s slogan for change
and asked "what will they change? We have given land to the
people. Will they take it back? "
He alleged that the Trinamool Congress had a nexus with
those demanding Gorkhaland and Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid