Want to make Nandigram another Haldia: Buddhadeb
Khejuri (WB): West Bengal Chief Minister
Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee on Saturday said that he wanted to make
Nandigram as developed as Haldia and accused the Trinamool
Congress of fomenting trouble there.
"We want to make Nandigram another Haldia. Haldia is a
booming town now. It will continue to flourish. Thousands of
people are working there. We have created Haldia. But
Trinamool Congress has unleashed false propaganda and created
trouble even after the announcement that we will not acquire
land in Nandigram," he told an election meeting here, a short
distance away from Nandigram.
Bhattacharjee said, "I had categorically stated that we
will not acquire land in Nandigram. But they (TC) did not stop
fomenting trouble there and dug up roads."
He reiterated that to provide employment, industries have
to be set up in the state.
On Trinamool`s victory in panchayat elections in East
Midnapore, he said, "They have captured panchayats in
Nandigram, but their performance is the worst. No work is
being done and funds are siphoned off. This cannot go on."
He said that the Left Front flourished because it worked
for the people.
Bhattacharjee also ridiculed TC`s slogan for change
and asked "what will they change? We have given land to the
people. Will they take it back? "
He alleged that the Trinamool Congress had a nexus with
those demanding Gorkhaland and Maoists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal