Wanted Maoist leader held in Kolkata
Kolkata: A Maoist leader, wanted in several cases, was on Thursday arrested by the special task force of city police from Watgunge area here.
The Maoist, Mohan Viswakarma, a central technical committee member, was arrested from his residence during a raid by STF personnel, Joint Commissioner of Police (STF) Rajiv Mishra told PTI here.
Huge quantities of grenade manufacturing materials were also seized from him, he said.
"We are also conducting raids in Jharkhand area in search of Viswakarma`s accomplices following his confession," he added.
Viswakarma hails from Inamganj area of Gaya district of Bihar, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family