Wanted Maoist leader held in Kolkata
Kolkata: A Maoist leader, wanted in several cases, was on Thursday arrested by the special task force of city police from Watgunge area here.
The Maoist, Mohan Viswakarma, a central technical committee member, was arrested from his residence during a raid by STF personnel, Joint Commissioner of Police (STF) Rajiv Mishra told PTI here.
Huge quantities of grenade manufacturing materials were also seized from him, he said.
"We are also conducting raids in Jharkhand area in search of Viswakarma`s accomplices following his confession," he added.
Viswakarma hails from Inamganj area of Gaya district of Bihar, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report