Wanted PCPA leader surrenders
Bankura: A People`s Committee Against Police Atrocities (PCPA) leader wanted by the police in some cases on Monday surrendered at Sarenga police station in Bankura district.
Superintendent of Police Sri Mukesh said PCPA leader Jiten Mishra who was absconding since 26.8.2009 on Monday surrendered at the Sarenga police station.
The SP said Mishra was wanted by the police in a number of cases including arms case, landmine case and other criminal cases.
After his surrender Mishra was produced before a local court which remanded his to seven days police custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?