WB: 2 girls gangraped near railway station
Suri (WB): Two teenage girls were allegedly raped on Saturday by three local youths at a busstop near Rampurhat railway station in Birbhum district.
"The girls were raped early this morning at the busstop near the station when they were waiting to catch bus to reach their home at Jarmundi village in nearby Jharkhand," Superintendent of Police Rishikesh Meena said.
The girls reached Rampurhat station from Burdwan late last night, sources said.
"When they were looking for Dumka-bound bus which starts from the busstop near the station, three local youths forcibly took them at a deserted place and raped them," Meena said.
One person was arrested and the police have been looking for the two other youths, he said.
The girls have been sent to Rampurhat hospital for medical test, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’