WB: 2 girls gangraped near railway station
Suri (WB): Two teenage girls were allegedly raped on Saturday by three local youths at a busstop near Rampurhat railway station in Birbhum district.
"The girls were raped early this morning at the busstop near the station when they were waiting to catch bus to reach their home at Jarmundi village in nearby Jharkhand," Superintendent of Police Rishikesh Meena said.
The girls reached Rampurhat station from Burdwan late last night, sources said.
"When they were looking for Dumka-bound bus which starts from the busstop near the station, three local youths forcibly took them at a deserted place and raped them," Meena said.
One person was arrested and the police have been looking for the two other youths, he said.
The girls have been sent to Rampurhat hospital for medical test, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray