WB: 20 injured after bus overturns
Barasat (WB): At least 20 people were injured today when the private bus they were travelling fell in a roadside ditch near Tentulia bridge at Barasat in North 24-Parganas district.
The police said the driver of the bus carrying 35 passengers lost control and fell into the ditch.
Three of the injured people were rushed to a local hospital in a serious condition, sources said.
Locals and the police rescued the people trapped in the overturned bus which was going to Basirhat from Hakimpur this afternoon.
The injured people were admitted to local hospitals in Swarupnagar and Barasat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Abhishek Manu Singhvi moots revamping CWC, shunting out of 'usual faces'
- India's tour of Zimbabwe and West Indies: BCCI selection committee to announce squads today
- Narendra Modi in Iran: PM invokes India's 'civilisational ties', aims to boost economic, cultural partnership
- IPL 2016, Match 56: Virat Kohli's RCB earn playoffs spot, to face Gujarat Lions in Qualifier 1
- Jorge Lorenzo pips Marc Marquez to Italian MotoGP win