WB: 25 bus passengers injured in accident
Jalpaigui: A Coochbehar-bound bus carrying 40-odd passengers turned over after losing control at Domohani near Teesta bridge on a road connecting Jalpaiguri to Siliguri, injuring 25, five of them seriously, this morning.
The police said the injured were admitted to the North Bengal Medical College Hospital including the five seriously injured.
Twenty more passengers with minor injuries were admitted to the Mainaguri district hospital, the police said.
Local people complained the roads between Jalpaiguri and Coochbehar and between Jalpaiguri and Siliguri were full of large potholes in the absence of repair for the last three years ever since the Natinal Highway Authority of India took over them.
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires