WB: 5 more babies die, protests outside hospital
Kolkata: Death of infants continues to
torment West Bengal. Five crib deaths were reported on Sunday in
the government-run BC Hospital children hospital here,
sparking angry protests by family members.
"Five babies, all of whom were brought to the hospital
in a critical condition today died during the day," the
hospital`s superintendent Dilip Pal said.
The deaths led to protests in the hospital complex by the
family members alleging "medical negligence".
Police rushed to the hospital and pacified the
Claiming that the five crib deaths in the hospital is
"nothing abnormal", Pal said, "This is within the normal
range. There is a heavy load of patients in the hospital and a
large number of children are being brought daily, many of whom
are brought in critical condition to the hospital".
Earlier in October last year, 36 babies had died at
several district hospitals and the referral B C Roy Children`s
hospital in Kolkata.
Amid the continuing spate of infant deaths in
different hospitals in West Bengal, nine babies died in the
state-run Behrampore Hospital in Murshidabad district
The Malda Sadar Hospital had reported 110 deaths
between January 1 and January 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP