WB: 5 more babies die, protests outside hospital
Kolkata: Death of infants continues to
torment West Bengal. Five crib deaths were reported on Sunday in
the government-run BC Hospital children hospital here,
sparking angry protests by family members.
"Five babies, all of whom were brought to the hospital
in a critical condition today died during the day," the
hospital`s superintendent Dilip Pal said.
The deaths led to protests in the hospital complex by the
family members alleging "medical negligence".
Police rushed to the hospital and pacified the
Claiming that the five crib deaths in the hospital is
"nothing abnormal", Pal said, "This is within the normal
range. There is a heavy load of patients in the hospital and a
large number of children are being brought daily, many of whom
are brought in critical condition to the hospital".
Earlier in October last year, 36 babies had died at
several district hospitals and the referral B C Roy Children`s
hospital in Kolkata.
Amid the continuing spate of infant deaths in
different hospitals in West Bengal, nine babies died in the
state-run Behrampore Hospital in Murshidabad district
The Malda Sadar Hospital had reported 110 deaths
between January 1 and January 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!