WB: 75 girls fall ill after having breakfast at madrasa
Baruipur: Altogether 75 girl students of a madrasa at Ramnagar in South 24-parganas district were Thursday admitted to hospital with suspected food poisoning after they took breakfast provided by the madrasa, the police said.
The resident girl students of Sitakunda madrasa complained of stomach pain and vomited after having ferment rice (popularly known as `panta bhat` in West Bengal) as breakfast and they were admitted to Baruipur sub-divisional hospital.
The sources said the students were administered saline and were attended to by doctors.
`Panta bhat`, eaten by many people in West Bengal and other east Indian states, is prepared by soaking and fermenting cooked rice overnight in water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred