WB: 75 girls fall ill after having breakfast at madrasa
Baruipur: Altogether 75 girl students of a madrasa at Ramnagar in South 24-parganas district were Thursday admitted to hospital with suspected food poisoning after they took breakfast provided by the madrasa, the police said.
The resident girl students of Sitakunda madrasa complained of stomach pain and vomited after having ferment rice (popularly known as `panta bhat` in West Bengal) as breakfast and they were admitted to Baruipur sub-divisional hospital.
The sources said the students were administered saline and were attended to by doctors.
`Panta bhat`, eaten by many people in West Bengal and other east Indian states, is prepared by soaking and fermenting cooked rice overnight in water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?