WB: 75 girls fall ill after having breakfast at madrasa
Baruipur: Altogether 75 girl students of a madrasa at Ramnagar in South 24-parganas district were Thursday admitted to hospital with suspected food poisoning after they took breakfast provided by the madrasa, the police said.
The resident girl students of Sitakunda madrasa complained of stomach pain and vomited after having ferment rice (popularly known as `panta bhat` in West Bengal) as breakfast and they were admitted to Baruipur sub-divisional hospital.
The sources said the students were administered saline and were attended to by doctors.
`Panta bhat`, eaten by many people in West Bengal and other east Indian states, is prepared by soaking and fermenting cooked rice overnight in water.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife