WB adopts single window system for agriculture
Kolkata: The West Bengal government has adopted a policy to ensure single-window clearance in agriculture by setting up a coordination committee of various ministries concerned, said Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Speaking at the State Assembly on Thursday, Banerjee said various projects concerning farmers come under the ambit of different ministries.
"For instance, the farmer credit cards are given by banks which come under the Finance Ministry. Again agri-marketing department helps in the marketing of the products. Similarly other departments like agriculture, food deal with other schemes benefiting farmers," Banerjee said.
"We have decided to set up a coordination panel of various ministries concerned. The committee will meet every three months and take stock of the progress made in this regard," she said.
On Wednesday, Banerjee batted for a `single window system` in the agriculture sector during the first meeting of the Committee of Chief Ministers on Bringing Green Revolution to Eastern India. She called for an increased coordination among financial institutions, food departments and fertiliser centres to step up growth.
"The agriculture sector should have a `single window system`, as we have introduced in the industrial sector," Banerjee posted on Facebook on Wednesday night.
"This will help the farmers in a big way, so that they are not harassed to make repeated visits to various organisations like banks, financial institutions, fertilizer and food departments, among others," Banerjee had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price