WB: Attack on college principals continues
Birbhum: Close on the heels of two
successive attacks on college principals in the state, another
principal fell unconscious after he was gheraoed for about two
and half hours by students at Rampurhat in Birbhum district
on Wednesday, police said.
Sibashis Banerjee, principal of the Rampurhat College,
fell unconscious after a section of students gheraoed him in
protest against his yesterday`s press statement that he had
been threatened by students that Raiganj would be repeated if
he did not withdraw newly introduced student identity cards.
Banerjee was immediately hospitalised, Additional
Superintendent of Police Farhan Abbas said adding that the
principal did not make any complaint to police about the
Meanwhile, both Chhatra Prishad (CP)and Trinamool
Congress Chhatra Parishad (TMCCP), students`wings of Congress
and Trinamool Congress denied that their supporters had
threatened the principal.
Banerjee had made allegations against these two
students unions yesterday.
The principals of Raiganj college in North Dinajpur
district and Majdia college in Nadia district had been
manhandled allegedly by TMCCP and SFI supporters in the past
four days triggering state-wide condemnations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days