WB: Attack on college principals continues
Birbhum: Close on the heels of two
successive attacks on college principals in the state, another
principal fell unconscious after he was gheraoed for about two
and half hours by students at Rampurhat in Birbhum district
on Wednesday, police said.
Sibashis Banerjee, principal of the Rampurhat College,
fell unconscious after a section of students gheraoed him in
protest against his yesterday`s press statement that he had
been threatened by students that Raiganj would be repeated if
he did not withdraw newly introduced student identity cards.
Banerjee was immediately hospitalised, Additional
Superintendent of Police Farhan Abbas said adding that the
principal did not make any complaint to police about the
Meanwhile, both Chhatra Prishad (CP)and Trinamool
Congress Chhatra Parishad (TMCCP), students`wings of Congress
and Trinamool Congress denied that their supporters had
threatened the principal.
Banerjee had made allegations against these two
students unions yesterday.
The principals of Raiganj college in North Dinajpur
district and Majdia college in Nadia district had been
manhandled allegedly by TMCCP and SFI supporters in the past
four days triggering state-wide condemnations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation