WB BJP chief on indefinite fast before the CEO`s office
Kolkata: West Bengal BJP President Rahul
Sinha on Friday went on an indefinite fast before the Chief
Electoral Officer`s office here alleging non-cooperation by
the administration in holding of the party`s election
Sinha alleged that due to non-cooperation by the
administration campaign schedules could not be met, which
included that of BJP national president Nitin Gadkari and
Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley.
Sinha demanded immediate suspension of the ADM of
North 24 Parganas district Randhir Kumar as also of the
Inspector-in-Charge of Uluberia police station for
"We could not get permission to requisition
helicopters, hold meetings in time causing either delayed
start of meetings or cancellation," he alleged.
The BJP leader said he would not withdraw his
hunger-strike unless the demands were looked into by the
Election Commission and met by the administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead